View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: How not to Play AK?

Hand 1: nh 'til the river. I think you realize there's no way a preflop capper and lead-bettor on every street could possibly have a worse hand than yours unless he's an absolute bombthrowing maniac. The pot's huge on the flop, and you have the nut flush draw on the turn. But yeah, river call = super-spew.

Hand 2: This play baffles me. Either you saved a lot of chips by not letting him checkraise you, or he spooked you into missing two value bets. With no reads, the check/raise/cap line on the flop tells you he can beat TPTK, so I don't mind going into call-down from there or even folding UI. But since there was no bet to call, I think you did okay. I mean, what were you supposed to do, fold?

Hand 3: Raise the turn. If UTG+1 has A/A, J/J or a 4 you're boned, but if he has Q/Q or K/K you're pwning him.

Hand 4: Reads would help. But since you were last to act on the flop, you could have bet with any two cards there. If he really had that good a hand, he'd've checkraised you. (He obviously didn't have that good a hand, since he checked the river when he couldn't spook anybody with his turn donkbet.)