View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Re: everyone read this if you have posted here.

[ QUOTE ]
also, as for being bothered? im not bothered really, just irritated my view isnt even getting ANY agreements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way back on page two, I wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
I like the concept alot. In this case, the turn was about as safe as you could hope for, so I can see calling. But I really agree with the strategy of letting go of marginal holdings early even though I'm sure that I'm letting go of some winners.

The bubble play in SNGs is so poor and every chip lost early erodes FE. Plus, I look at it like every chip lost now is really like losing 2 chips when I double up later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's the love, Raptor?

The one thing that I do agree with Raptor on is that, IMO, too many people act like there is only one way to play a hand. Another benefit of taking his approach early is that you can often see what other players are showing down and use that information later.

I am very hesitant to get too attached to a multi-way, unraised pot early in an SNG. While I think that the turn was as safe as could be, I understand Raptor's reasoning behind not wanting to call a turn bet and another probable river bet. Also, there were players yet to act behind him when he decided to fold. While he was likely passing up a +EV spot, it's not like he had some sort of monster hand.

I think people need to realize that there aren't quite as many absolutes in poker as we might think. The pure math plays are absolute (when to push from the SB). Bubble play is pretty much absolute. But in a spot like this, while Raptor may have been passing up a +EV situation, it's not like his play has no merit. People are acting like he folded a set or something, for chrissake.