View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: What to do with next 9 months of my life?

that's a pretty great avatar evan.

don't you think that after nine months of letting your mind stagnate, you won't still be willing to be industrious when you get back to school? that transition will be pretty difficult, and f*ing up college is pretty -EV. I also feel that it'd be incredibly boring and sad to do nothing but satisfy personal appetites for nine months.

also, how easy would it be for you to get a meaningful internship? my guess is that as a high school graduate, if you were able to lock something down, you'd be filling coffee cups. and if you were able to lock something substantive down, you'd be working for an incompetant and naive boss (who else would hire a high school grad for substantive work?). maybe not, just a guess. there was a high schooler who worked at my brother's chemistry lab, but I'm not sure how much she did.

instead, why not take some poker money and go traveling? another recommendation is to do volunteer work for a few hours a week. something to make your parents happy and that will look good on your resume.