View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: A modest proposal.

[ QUOTE ]
The problem you are citing is that it is hard to be a 5/10 player in SSH because right now most people there play smaller games than you, so there isn't enough discussion at your level. The solution to that isn't for the 5/10 players to start posting on SSH even less. That just makes things even worse. The solution is for you to go and start some good threads and contribute stuff that will help pull the forum up to the level that you want to see. If it isn't a "home forum" yet, remember that that is because it is new. Forums with great community and high level discussion don't magically appear. They form over time because people like you put in the effort to guide them that way.

There are a lot of 5/10 players here. If you guys start discussing your [censored] on that forum, you will have exactly what you want: a home forum with good discussion of the issues you guys care about. If you all stop posting on SSH as you propose, then what will happen? A month from now the 3/6 players will say "I don't want to be part of SSH anymore because the 5/10 players left so everyone here plays smaller than me. I'm going to MSH". And then a month later the 2/4 players will say "jeez, with the 3/6 and 5/10 guys gone, this is now a microlimit forum. This is a waste of my time..."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, that's a really good point.