View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: My girlfriend was drugged

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK...having been someone who's served time for possessing GHB

tests will always show it...it is a naturally occuring substance within the human body

this is not proof of the use of the substance

GHB is a salt...it's often used in liquid form as it is diluted with water. The salt is so potent that it's tough to get the dosage correct

99%+ of GHB use is recreational/self-benefits

There have been less than 5 nationwide cases in the USA for the use of GHB for rape/melestation/etc

cops/doctors use it as a cop-out---since the test will come out positive

GHB hits a person like alot of alcohol--it fills the GABA receptors in the brain in a similar way. However, most people notice more awareness on it than a similar amount of alcohol with the same amount of loss of inhibitions. A slowed breathing rate, heart rate, and passing out are quite common from over dosage. I saw one other effect once that was quite strange, my roommate repeated the same 10 actions over and over again for about an hour. It was like his brain was a record skipping.

GHB hysteria has been created by the alcohol/beverage companies early in the drugs cycle. They didn't want to compete against something that gives the good feelings of alcohol, but doesn't give hangovers, helps with sleep, helps with muscle recovery, etc. The drug war afficionados picked up the argument of course and now the world is polluted with more propoganda than truth.

Good job to get the girls out right away

[/ QUOTE ]

TY if that was a compliment. Im not so sure it was based on your info you stated earlier. I would like your opinion on why the hospital would be quick to tell us she had been drugged? If it's a natural chemical, could the presence of too much of it in someone indicate someone having been drugged? Do you doubt that the majority of people are drugging people with this with the intent to rape?

MDoranD

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely a compliment

anytime things seem to be strange, it's much better to be safer than sorry. It's also quite clear that the ladies were suffering from something.

Yes, it can be possible to determine if the amount of GHB in the system is too high, but it takes a long time for the results of such a test....12 hours +. (This was as of a few years ago, maybe things have changed.) What's worse is that there is only about a 4 hour window from consumption to catch the increased levels of GHB in a human. (Thus, the small number of convictions.)

As for the hospital, once a doctor/nurse gets hit by the GHB propoganda, they look for it all the time. Miraculously, they always find it...duh.

I've had a few experiences where 3-4 drinks of normal alcohol have completely knocked me and some of my friends out. I asked a good friend about this and he said it was more likely due to something we ate before/during drinking and/or the residue of cleaning material in the glasses. take that FWIW. I'm sure no one was looking to drug a few dudes in a public bar despite my sweet ass.

I would say the great, great, great majority of GHB users have no intention whatsoever of rape, etc. I used to deal it. I've used it hundreds of times. I've known hundreds of users and none were using it for date rape. It's an amazing substance with proper usage.

However, there has been a bad apple or two that the national media picked up on. The colorless, odorless, slightly salty liquid mix makes it potentially a dangerous weapon as well as the fact it's out of the body so quickly. The potential for harm is there. That is the big issue.

Trust me, I do not recommend consuming GHB anymore. When I got caught possessing about 50 doses, the state hammered me. I had no record whatsoever before and still had to get a lucky plea deal for a 3 year sentence in the lovely Illinois Department of Corrections. fun times.

It just appears as though the facts of this drug are clouded by the hysteria. It might very well have come up with your girlfriend. I just wouldn't trust the doctors word so easily. The successful convictions for GHB doping have not been in large public bars with groups of girls. They've been single girls isolate at bars or small parties. Dosing a whole group is quite difficult and would seem to contradict the intent of such a doping. A mass doping would make it tougher for a perverted low-life [censored] to rape a girl.

BTW- I'm
drug free since '99 and kind of pissed about it