Thread: Eli Manning
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Eli Manning

Been a Giants fan since I was eight, through the best of times (Parcells, LT, Simms, and Fassel) and the worst of times (Ray Handley, Dan Reeves and Danny Kanell.)

Things I like about Eli: two-minute drill handling, spreading the ball around more than last year, pocket awareness, and arm strength.

Things I don't like but think he will mature out of: throwing into double coverage, accuracy, and consistency.

Who would I compare him to? Most obvious comparison is to his brother - a pocket passer who likes to change plays at the line, spreads the ball around, and prefers to throw rather than scramble. Sure, Peyton's more mature and better all around, but he's been with that offense for several seasons. Eli may not reach that status, but I think he should be one of the top five QB's in the game in a few years.

I'm really excited about the Giants prospects this year. I couldn't believe those clowns at CBS all picked the Chiefs to win on Saturday. The Chiefs lost to the Cowboys the week before, and the Giants came off a tough road win at Philly that restored their faith in Feely Goals.

ScottieK