View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Raise preflop, bet the flop, now what?

[ QUOTE ]
1. Hero is BB with AQs. 3 limpers, SB folds, Hero raises. Flop comes 279r. Hero bets, 3 callers. Turn is a 5. Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Note: I'm assuming complete fishiness here. A solid or two, and I change things.

I think there is still a pretty good chance you have the best hand. I don't think you can lead the turn here, because you are called down a lot.

[ QUOTE ]

2. Same as before, but now we have 2 callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm leaning towards betting, because your fold equity might be high enough given you probably have 6 outs if call, and you are behind.

[ QUOTE ]

3. 3 callers on a flop of 2c8c9d, we have none of the suits.

4. same as before, but now 2 callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, this flop isnt that different from the previous one, in terms of being called on the flop. A flop of 2c8c9 and 279r appear to be worlds apart in terms of drawness, but a fish peels almost as often on the first as the second, IMO.

What does change is the chances that your turn bet is called. I'm leaning towards checking in both, but if someone were to argue bet the second, I wouldn't need a whole lot of convincing.

[ QUOTE ]

5. 3 callers on a flop of 2c8c9d, we have AdQd.

6. same as before, but 2 callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm asssuming that since you are including our suits, the 5 is the 5d. You have as many as 15 outs to improve. Thats 2.1-1. You don't need a whole lot of fold equity to bet here. I say bet both.