View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: what makes a republican/Democrat

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope next time the Democrats put up a candidate, he'll show some strength and courage of conviction, without squawking like a chicken like Dean in the last election.

[/ QUOTE ]

It really sucked that his "squawk" was taken out of context. Did you ever see the real version of that memorable scream? The audience barely heard it because people were yelling so loud. It's a shame that cost him the Democratic nomination -- he definitely had the testicular fortitude of which you speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link, KipBond.

Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything for me. I've never been much for pep-rally atmospheres. The best I can figure, this offering is just a rehash with the squawk edited/muted. But, I'll concede that the "mainstream media" squawk was certainly enhanced and amplified.

The link still shows me a man, begging and pleading, but without confidence or focussed conviction. I don't know Dean well, but he comes off to me to be just as much of a weasel as GWB. Trading a weasel for a weasel doesn't inspire me. We need some real leaders.