View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Can You Call This down. - SURPRISING RESULTS!

The difficulty in the hand was that seat 5 had a pair on board. And seat 2 was betting into that. Given that, I could not find a way to call this down on the river wheni did not approve.

As can be seen, seat 2 knew this and made a beautiful play by betting. His betting forced me to fold. But after I folded, seat 5 folded. And then seizing the opportunity, seat 1 made a play by raising and once again seat 2 made an excellent play by calling with only a pair of 4's, beating seat 1 that had only a pair of 2's. Therefore, I folded the best hand.

I still do not see how I could have called the river, but calling the river was indeed the correct move. So the question becomes, is there a way I can call the river and two, is there a way I could have played differently, perhaps on 5th or 6th, that would have given me the hand. Seat 2 played this hand like a genious. Seat 2 played me, And it was briliant!!
And it all worked becasue of seat 5 and his exposed pair.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in

4th Street - (2.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (6.30 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds

6th Street - (14.30 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (18.30 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___raises
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds

Total pot: (22.30 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $220 | Rake: $3

Seat 1: [ 9h 2h Jh 2c Ah 4c 7d ] [ a pair of twos -- Ah,Jh,9h,2h,2c ]

Seat 2: [ 6h 4d 4s 5s Ks 8h Ts ] [ a pair of fours -- Ks,Ts,8h,4d,4s ]