View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Ace with a weakish kicker short handed ( 5-10NL) whats my action?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find calling here to be perhaps the worst option. Why build a huge pot if you have no intention of going foward if he fires a second barrel. To me this was a line between pushing and folding.... Thoughts? I'm not saying im right just my thoughts at the time...

[/ QUOTE ]

calling >>> raising imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Can i get your rational? I'm not sure my line was the best and what to see why you believe calling >>> raising imo

What about the fold? Discuss...
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

whats to discuss? answer me why raising is better. are you bluffing or getting value?

the fold is fine, without a read it takes gall calling down here when he minreraised pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think folding > calling

If you were to raise it would clearly be a bluff. Not for value, very little chance your A 9 would get anyone to call a re-re raise. You would however perhaps get a weaker ace to fold and perhaps an A10-J if the opponent is particualry tight. I was just curious why you would call and if you thought it was better than folding. Your post gives the impression thats what you'd do. As someone who is just started to move into the 5-10 level I thought i could learn from the coach....