View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Getting frustrated with the money I make

[ QUOTE ]
future implied fun

[/ QUOTE ]
My nomination for awesome new term of the year.

[ QUOTE ]
get a job where you can play at work

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I had a job where I a) worked at home full time b) got 27 days of "TOP" time a year c) had badass bennies d) made right at 6-figures and e) did almost nothing but watch Star Trek all day. They were perfectly happy with me as long as I kept the apps I had helped create running. I quit that job, to drive 45 min. each way and sit in an office all day, because I was bored and my career was going nowhere. I wound up with a much much more boring job for slightly more $$, that is doing even less for my career. I want to hang myself every morning when I get up to drive to work.

This was in June, about 2 months before I discovered poker. I probably could have played poker and gotten paid for it for 1-2 years, and taken all the time off I wanted to go to tournaments, etc.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]