Thread: Flop action?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Flop action?

[ QUOTE ]
"With the hand having 6 players to the flop, I think players are less likely to think their 9s or 10s is going to be enough to take this down."

so you think most 20-40 players are going to readily make that same analysis and commonly fold those cards on the flop for one bet (presumably from the bb)? think again.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are definitely not going to fold for one bet, how sure can we be they will fold for two? (This is really a question, not a smart ass remark, for I don't normally play this high.)

My earlier post doesn't make much sense. I was posting at work and trying to hurry through it. I don't like a bet here because we are looking to fold only two cards, the 9 and 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], should they be out. The A and Q are obviously not going anywhere no matter if its one or two bets to them. The chances of this getting checked through are slim because:

1) We have a flop that very likely hit a preflop raising hand.

2) It's six handed.

3) It's monotone. This flop hit somebody and most people, good or bad, are aware enough to bet this flop if they hav e a top pair type hand for fear of the free card. I don't see how the strategy to bet the flop, which is counting on a raise from BB, can be supported with the idea that if we check it could get checked around. True, we are definitely getting money in if we bet, but most of the argument for leading out is for the BB to raise to protect our hand. Plus, I want to get the most money in this pot, not just some. I've never played in an East Coast 20/40 game, but I just don't see THIS flop getting checked through.

IMO, we flopped a monster. True, a bet out might get the 9-10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to fold if BB raises. However, I think passing up on the opportunity to checkraise the field in order to try and get two cards to fold is giving up too much value.