Thread: Pets
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Pets

Boston Terrier. Minimum age when I took her home (8 weeks), and she was 2 pounds!!! (smaller than puppy toys or pugs even). It was awesome having her at that size. Now she is about 10 pounds.

Im settled now, I will be moving in with my girlfriend in a few months (the dog is ours, but I take care of it while she is graduating this semester). We are settled in the Hartford area, (she is only 21 but has an actuarial spot at Aetna). I had a ton of free time these past 4 months, and will up until about July. The dog will be well raised and settled by then, and more capable of being alone for longer periods of time while we are at work.

Your question was interesting to me, because my friend just made a huge mistake IMO, and got a puppy. He is looking for teaching spots around the nation. He wants to move to Madison Wisconsin for a year, and he likes to generally travel a lot. He loves dogs, and didnt account for anything in his choice. I honestly think his life will be much harder with the fact that he got the dog, which is a TON of work in the puppy age.

Just realize what it means to be entirely responsible for a child (although not human) life.