View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Any high stakes guys lurk in here?

Disregard for money is the wrong term. You are talking about fear of losing and the emotional pain you will have to deal with when you suffer the inevitable loss and bad beats, which happen in greater frequency online simply because of the speed of the game.
I play small limit as low as 50cent/$1 and take my shots at 5-10PL and $20-40 Limit as well as the mid-limit games. It depends on my mood, the game selection and what site and bonuses I am clearing. I hate to re-deposit at a site and I've been playing online for years. I haven't got over the hurdle of being unaffected by losses, which has its drawbacks and advantages. Fear of losing has cost me money I think in the long run, but I remain happy and relatively sane. My advice is to never get in a game where the result may be too drastic for you to handle emotionally if you lose - meaning it might affect your outlook on life, ruin your day, cause your poker game to be affected, etc... Take your shots and build up your roll one step at a time. Once you get to the point where you are always playing with other people's money you are essentially on a lifetime free-roll and will be able to handle bigger losses.