View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 12:09 AM

Default What do I do here?

I feel pretty badly about the way I played this hand. I kinda feel like check/folding this on the flop is terribly weak, but against 4 other people I'm not sure what to do with a pocket pair when an ace flops. All of my opponents are loose passive >40/<8/~1.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

So after getting 3 callers on the flop I figure that I'm probably beat and decide to check/fold the turn. Anyone think I should have kept firing? Should I have accepted the inevitable and given up on the flop? How about the preflop raise, is raising out of the SB with TT when there are 2 or 3 limpers something that other people do or is that crazy too?