View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: hand from stars 500

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably a fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. QTs is playable in the BB with these stack sizes. You have 30BBs and can't giftwrap your BB every time the CO opens. I call with a lot less than QTs here, and call with QTs vs earlier openers. Maybe I'm too loose?

I usually check and call the turn and check-call a decent sized bet on the river. With different stack sizes I might checkraise the turn here but I don't think you can do anything but check-call here.

Given that you led the turn, I play the rest of the hand exactly like you did. I love putting players on hands I can beat and calling but I just can't put him on anything other than an overpair if he's a good player. I like betting the flop but I know many good players that check behind there.

The reason that I suck at analyzing hands is that so many lines are player specific. I have seen bad players take an AK or AQ and play it like this. I've also seen medium pairs played like this. I'm assuming that this guy is a good player because he ended up winning the tournament but if he's a little fishy I might call his river push. I'm really bad at folding.

Schaefer