Thread: AQ off
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: AQ off

The problem is that so many posters just naturally assume that SB has adjusted to 4-handed and is liberally 3-betting.

BUT

We do not know anything about SB's 3-betting standards.
We do not know how long the table has been 4-handed.
We do not know what Hero has been SD.
We do not know if SB will go to SD with A-high or any PP etc. or dump it easily on the Flop.

Capping here is either for value or to allow you to push off a better hand/one with valid outs against you when you miss the flop. I wonder what the so-called value of _taking control of the hand_ is against some players, such as those we play for value against rather than trying to control.

I have played the $5/$10 at Stars and know well enough there are players you can should cap AQo here and there are numbers where you are in trouble.

AQo is in trouble here against an opponent who 3-bets AA-88, AKo-AQo, AKs-ATs, KQs.

Too much assumption not enough question. Too little information from poster.

I see a lot of people advising _calling down_ or _capping_ as standard when I simply do not find many opponents against whom this is the best line, even at $5/$10. I do not play at Partyscum, maybe things are different there, but most seem to assume a really aggro and close to correct 3-bet standard for players that I just do not come across that often.

We should be encouraging poster to think about his situation, his opponent and his options.