View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Stopping a leak.

Wow, I went to bed with one response and look at the thread now! It looks like there is some dispute on wether this is leaky or not.

Here is my thought process....early in a MTT, say less than a $30 buyin, I call this for a couple of reasons. First rotation, I find a lot of fish willing to raise 55 from MP1 and cold call with KT from MP2. If I call from the SB, it's around 3 1/2 or 4:1 depending upon blind structure.

Now to Direwolf's question the flop is AQ7r...I've played it two ways...again, I'm thinking it's fishy out there so I'll lead out with a 1/2 pot bet and see what action I get. If I'm raised I'm done. It's when I'm smooth called that leads to the problem....do I check/fold the turn or bet at it again?

The other way is to check with anticipation of a check raise. If the original raiser shows strength, I'm out. If the cold caller throws a continuation bet out first in, I raise. Again, his show of strength is worrisome for a turn bet.

These scenarios have worked moderately well, but I'd love to see my long term numbers.

I'm tending to agree that this is a leak in my game, especially when confronted by a flop like above.