View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: The definitive post on 22s v 33s (with some comments on 55s)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you're talking about 4-6 handed sorts of situations, I really disagree with you. I guess 7+ handed I can see folding trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to expand? I proved my theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's true that you will still have 650 left after going through the blinds in the example you give. However, that 650 amounts to just a tiny bit over 2xbb, leaving you with no FE whatsoever. Not only will the pot often be raised in front of you, but even if it's not, you'll often still have to win a showdown just to survive. It's true that you may pick up a better hand in the next orbit, but even if you push & win, you'll still have only slightly more than you did when you folded. There's also an opportunity cost to folding...if you get called & win, you will have a pretty big stack & the greater number of profitable opportunities that come with it. If everyone folds, you will have FE even after paying the blinds, and stand to win a lot more if you pick up a good hand & get called.

Since so much of it comes down to FE, I like folding much more if you're almost sure you'll get called anyway.