View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Fit or Fold? (semi-generalized flop question)

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think about pot size and your outs for all of your decisions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone have any solid links to an all-encompassing thread regarding this? (wishful thinking on my part) Sure, the math is out there, but I learn better using reason/logic as opposed to math/statistics.

One thing that I did, is each day, take one hand, do all the math on each street for each player. How many outs they had. What there odds were for each bet, did they make good decisions, and what would have been better decisions, and how big or small would the pot have to be to make their decision a good one?

It should take a little while the first couple of times, and eventually, it should get a lot quicker. But really, I found that just doing this a couple of time made all of my decisions a lot better. I don't do this often anymore, but once you analyze a situation like this, you can work your way around the similar situations that you find at the table.

I would guess that this would get you a better understanding of what you want to know, than reading it from any source.