View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: 3-bet J10s against good player?

[ QUOTE ]
This is a very disturbing number because it looks like folding AQ may be exploitable error in the sense that it is profitable for him to risk 2 BB by autobluffing any worthless hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right that vs a player who will always checkraise the flop and bet the turn regardless of his hand that folding AQ and all worse hands would be a mistake. But as you correctly pointed out later in your post, your opponent is not a theory and you would certainly not fold AQ and all worse hands once you realized or even suspected that he was using that approach.

I think there are lots of recommendations around here to do or not do certain things because "we will get run over" or because "we will be easy to play against" that are misguided because they are based on the assumption that our opponent will both correctly assess AND correctly exploit the vulnerability of our actions. This is a leap that I am not prepared to make until the opponent proves it to me.

Until our opponent gives us reason to do otherwise, I think it is usually the best policy to take whatever action we think has the highest EV for a given situation with minimal regard to the implications that action may have on future hands. If and only if he demonstrates his ability to take appropriate countermeasures should we worry about the repercussions.

Cartman