View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: The Variance Of Life.

I really dno't enjoy making jackass observations but I'll have to make one here:

If you're going to have a car, always have 2k or so stashed in savings because with cars, it is so goddamn common to get into [censored] that I don't even dream of owning a car without having spare thousand or two.

You get into an accident, you bump someone, someone smashes your windshield, you need to change breaks, you need new tires.

List goes on.

I find that there's people who know how to manage money, and then there's those that just don't.

My brother for example has a car, he's in debt and he's not doing anything to climb out of it, or even improve his life, he's just hoping nothing bad happens becaues if someone smashes his windshield tomorrow, he'll have to ask parents for a loan. He's an idiot with 0$ worth of savings.

There's me, when I worked, I put 10% of my income aside for any happy accidents. Now that I don't work, I just got enough money to cover any happy accidents that happen (thanks to poker).

Bottom line is, I hope this teaches you that if you're going to have liabilities, make sure you got the money to live with a good heart while having them. If you're going to have a car, have extra money. If you're going to buy a house, you better really think twice. If you're in college/university, think how you're going to pay [censored] off.

Etc.

Basic money management really [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ok all that aside, yeah it really blows when people [censored] your car up for no reason. I went to buy my good frien da presnet at canadian tire recently, I come out and the side of my car is smashed, 500$ worth of damage and of course whoever did it was long gone.

It sucked, bigtime. [censored] happens, just make sure you always have something to fall back on because inevitably, this [censored] happens.

It's like having a poker bankroll of at least 500BB. That way when [censored] hits the fan and you can't win a hand for 2 weeks in a row and drop 300BB, you're not going crazy and broke.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]