View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Hypothetical question that will blow your mind.

[ QUOTE ]
Think of all the money you would make in pots where you are BEHIND, yet you know for a fact that by the river you will win the (huge) pot.

I think the answer is obviously to know what the final board will be. You can play every single hand that you know will hit big... 72o, 32o, any 2 suited cards, as long as you know you'll make 2 pair or better by the river. You can STILL make your reads and figure out if your 2 pair is good, but there is no way you can ever know that your offsuit trash will turn into a full house by the river (if you choose to see everyone else's hand). Basically, you can still know in part what people are holding by their betting and/or their tells, but there is clearly no way to ever know what the final board will be. Knowing the final board is a way bigger advantage in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is everything that I agree with. Like I said, if you hold 22 and you know the board will be AK522, and it's a NL cash game, you will guarantee to hit BIGTIME. Everyone says "Yeah but you hardly ever make quads". That's because you rarely stay in the hand past the flop to hit runner-runner quads on a board like this with 22.

And also, like this guy said, you can decipher a hand range of your opponent by the way you raise PF, and by how they play the hand. You can NEVER figure out what the board will be before seeing it. In other words you can't raise 6xbb and go "when you raise 6xbb the board will always pair". I mean come on. But when you raise 6xbb and you get a call, you can start to decipher what kind of hand villain holds ANYWAY!