View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: 20-40 commerce........when the [censored] hits the fan

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand why you think you must bet out on a draw heavy board on the flop. You don't have to do anything if you are a good player and can get away from a big hand. There is nothing wrong with checking a draw heavy board with a set. This can add deception. I am not saying you should always check, but its not bad if you do. This is especially true with deep stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see the advantage in what you're talking about.....why would you check a great hand on the button and give a free card to four players AND eliminate an entire round of betting in which to get money in the pot - particularly when a hand like a set is easily beatable on that board.....what type of second-best hand are you gonna let someone catch AND then be able to get lots of money in the pot in two betting rounds?.....the "deception" gained is not nearly worth what you lose....I'd rather get deception by betting more bad hands on the button than checking good ones....now, change a few things like the number of players in the hand, the particular players (maybe against someone who knows you well), the stack sizes, the texture of the flop - then okay, maybe a check could be a fine play.....but in this particular situation, I agree with RBK......