Thread: 2/4 KK
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: 2/4 KK

[ QUOTE ]
I think one possibility is playing this like a straight up gutshot draw. The flop is a free card raise. Take the free card on the turn maybe?? I don't know.

If you think you are behind, you got enough to at least call to draw to a gutshot. You could raise to get rid of any other kings, and maybe take a free card. I think this option is at least better than folding.

Now are we ahead enough to bet the turn? I'd say no, but I'm no expert.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that the hero's chances of being ahead are quite dismal on the turn, but in this large pot he only needs to be ahead here a small percentage of the time to make betting correct, and plus you never know, maybe someone will make a horrible fold with their ace bad kicker. I know this possibility is remote but no one can make a bad fold if the hero doesnt bet. So between the small possibility the hero is in the lead and the small possibility the hero can force a better hand to fold, I think betting the turn is better than checking, but I admit this is a razor thin decision and I would never think checking is a bad play here by any means.