View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Do you resent splitting the pot?

I had a recent split pot at the Taj in AC that totally pissed me off. It wasn't a match hand, but a poor play that resulted in two str8's being made.

I am on the button at a 10 headed 1/2 NL ($300 max). Everyone limps in and I look down at 6d 8h and limp in as well. Flop comes 5d 7d 9h. An early position guy bets out $10 and a middle position goes all in for $78. I check my cards again to verify the flopped nuts. I think about it and worse case scenario I am against a flush draw and a set, discounting somewhat the strength. At this point I know the only move is all in to push out the flush draw. I move all in for $285 and the early position player with $12 invested in the hand says "HE HAS TO CALL". He flips over 4d 8d giving him a gutshit srt8 flush draw (which is actually dead because I am holding the 6d). The other all in guy was semi-bluffing with 6 4 the ass end outside draw.

Well anyhow the turn pairs the seven and the river is a 6 making it a split pot. We ended up splitting the $78 all in. Would anyone agree that the call by the original bettor was horrible? He had $12 invested in the pot and he could easily have been drawing to a one-outer flush (6d).

Plus the guy was real cocky at the table and I hated to have to split that money with him.