View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: QJs - victim of entrapment

It looks like CO flopped a straight, a set, or a monster draw.

The monster draw got there on the turn. Versus the more likely QT, you have 4.5 outs (1 queen and 2 jacks for a win and 3 tens for a chop) out of 44 remaining cards, and versus a set you have 7-8 outs (2 queens, 2 jacks, and 3-4 tens) out of 44 remaining cards. Versus a flush you aren't doing so well, and you could even be drawing dead versus a straight flush. There's also some (small) chance you're ahead, though. All things considered, the turn call seems fine to me. (For what it's worth, though, Button's initial interest in the flop does increase the chances that one of the jacks you're hoping to catch may have been folded on the turn. I'm thinking Button might have had AJ.)

I'd have trouble folding the river, but that could be the place to do it. I'm thinking people don't generally call/3-bet the flop with just two pair, especially on a flop this coordinated.

On the flop, I kind of want to 3-bet, but I am beginning to learn that my equity is not as good in spots like this as I used to enjoy in similar situations at, say, 2/4.