View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 02:37 PM

Default MTT Forum Leaderboard/Big Score Sticky Thread

I mentioned this idea in the do we want special posters in color thread, but wanted to give it its own space. Consider this as a separate idea, not a countersuggestion as I said in that thread.

The idea is pretty simple. I suggest creating either:

1. A 2+2 MTT leaderboard.

2. An stickied thread listing all big wins or high finishes in large enough tournaments.

We can work out details later - for now I am just curious if people are interested in either idea.

Obviously #1 would require a point system to be worked out. It couldn't be too complicated since someone would have to keep track of everything (I would be willing to do this and have ideas for a basic points system), but it wouldn't have to be to be effective. We could even specify a bunch of major tournaments that count and exclude everything else.

#2 could be really simple. Create categories and minimum levels of achievement - Like

Cashes in 10K buyins, Wins in 100 buyins, FT's in 300+ buyins. Whatever. Once the categories are set, the only work is a mod adding names to the list.

If either of these ideas takes hold, we could set something up beginning at the first of the year. Have a yearlong championship race, monthly champions, whatever. Could be a fun side competition amongst 2+2ers. You never know, it also might bring good players who lurk here out of hiding.

Thoughts?