View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Live 6/12 hand, bottom set on connected board

Villain's got the world's worst AA/KK, QQ for the OESD or he hit a set. He raises early position, so unless he has exactly KQ s (which probably would check to you on the turn then raise) he doesn't have the straight.

I don't know. I think I would have raised the turn. Why is he betting out here after just calling your final flop raise? Because he's trying to protect a hand. While you could certainly be behind TT and JJ (and that seems rather likely), AA-QQ are viable candidates too. Raise the turn. I'm thinking seriously of folding if he 3-bets; I just don't see him having the made straight ever, if he's really a decent TAG. If he's super aggressive, though, or if you don't have that many hands on him, I think I'm calling the turn reraise and making a crying call on the river.

[Edit]
This is a live game. I don't see too many live players raising EP with TT or JJ, even supposed TAGS; they want their set before they put money in. I think we have the best hand. Put more money in the pot and say nh if he flips over a set.