Thread: KK hand
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 08:42 AM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
Not really--it is so player dependent and even then things ain't clear, 'cause play at 50nl tables is so variable.

At this level some always read a reraise preflop as aa, kk, qq. Others don't look beyond the flop and their own hand.

Against a weak passive postflop player--I'm folding. Against a donk, I'm counting my chips. Against others, I'm uncertain.

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough. Dunno if I was being preoccupied with the results in this hand, but I was really disappointed with myself afterwards. I flat called on the turn knowing I would call allin on the river rather than raising so he would fire it all-in w/QQ/JJ/AT or whatever. I was REALLY thinking AA after the flop minraise b/c I've had people run this identical line on me before in the same situation. He did in fact have AA. While its obviously an unlucky situation for me to be in, I more or less acted too rashly without thinking it through completely but I feel, given how the hand played out, that I should have folded the turn. I think most decent players are gonna have me beat here with that bet on the turn and that Im behind AA/TT alot more than Im ahead of QQ-JJ/bluff. When I played the tighter, more solid games on Stars in the past, I think I could find a fold here alot of the time, but on Bodog the players are far worse and more wild so I end up paying off the unknown solid players alot more than I probably should.