View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Th9h - i river goot, but how do i flawp?

There was a post the other day that a person had a somewhat similar hand but he did have an OESD. He thought he should have raised to free up/avoid redraws for some of his outs to pair like an 8 or 9 or something. I told him that he should just flat call with his draw. Although your draw is somewhat different I think the major difference why you should do some raising here is that the pot size is at least twice as big. You have 3 very solid outs to a gutshot , a bd flush draw and pair outs that I would devalue to about 2 out of 6. I give you at least 6 effective outs. Needing 6.7:1 and you are getting roughly 6.5:1. I think it is fine to continue with this hand. Even though you are a little short on the odds and not closing the action I think you can make this up against all these players when the bet size doubles the next two rounds. Further the best way to continue with this hand is invest the extra bet to see if you can get some hands to fold/buy a free card. If it fails (like it did) you gain some information (your pair outs aren't so good)so its not a big deal. As evidenced from the final pot size you definately made up through the implied odds when you hit compared to any poor odds that you had on the flop. I dig it all.