View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Very taboo. What do I do?

I don't agree or disagree with SB's point about showing one card, but I do understand where he is coming from.

To further argue the point that showing one card is taunting/disrespect, I take the flipside of the "my opponent is happy that I showed him he made the right decision" coin.

If I show only one card, the point is not that I am SHOWING a card. It's that I am NOT SHOWING the other card. Why am I not showing the other card? Maybe it's because I want to show the poor schmuck who lost that I only needed one card to beat him. Maybe it's because I want to confuse the guy - did I have a garbage second card or a true monster?

If I were going to argue against showing one card, I would say that it's a two-faced gesture that gives the appearance of respect, but is really meant to piss off and/or manipulate. Sort of like saying, "Thanks," in a sarcastic tone - sure, you're saying thanks, but you didn't mean it.

Again, I don't agree or disagree with SB, but I can see his point and just decided to argue on his side before I went to bed. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]