View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: 2 50-100 hands vs. phil laak

Hey rbk,

Wasn't it your line that I remember reading on the boards a while back for when you flop a monster out of position?

As I recall, the line is: overbet flop, check call turn, fire big on the river . . .

Anyway, I've incorporated the line into my game, and it seems like a great line to get paid off (assuming, of course, that you don't always take this line w/ your monsters oop, and that you don't only use this line w/ monsters), and this seems like a decent spot to use it.

I also tend to agree w/ turnipmonster's point, however, that a river check may be optimal against Laak in this spot, as the only way you're likely to get any more coin out of him (unless he has a queen) would be to check it to him and let him bluff at you. As played, your bet of 2K into a ~5K pot seems like a bet that wants to get called . . . I also like fsu's weak lead the turn idea, so I think either overbet, weak lead, check/raise, or overbet, check/call, betting big on the river might both have won you a bit more than you did.

I've never played anywhere near this high live, however, and only very sparingly online, and nowhere near this deep, so take this w/ a grain a salt, if you will . . .

By the way, it sounds like this game was playing three-handed, w/ Laak on your left? It must have been a bitch to play oop vs. him w/ such a deep stack, though I'm guessing the third player was enough of a soft spot that it made tangling vs. Laak on occasion more than worthwhile. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]