View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 07:38 PM

Default Re: 5-10 big pot at the Bike

ok here is some of what i was thinking.
i didn't put villian on AJ because i had seen him try and clear the field of limpers earlier with a similar hand in position, so i didn't think he'd be limping with that.
therefore he either had me crushed with 2-2, or was drawing to three outs.
i was originally going to C/R the river but then when it came down to 400 for some reason i found myself calling. the stacks were still pretty deep, and i guess i was trying not to pot commit myself against the toughest opponent on the table, in an unraised pot, with motown.
i felt like if i C/R his bet he was dumping everything but 2-2, and since there were no draws i was worried about i decided on just calling. one thing i forgot to mention in the original post was that the villian was very capable of laying down big hands (not set big, but i'd seen him dump top two earlier) however other then the set there weren't really any hands i was too worried about.

on the river i thought about a blocking bet, however i decided that that would look to suspicous to this guy, who would probably tell i didn't like my hand too much.

i think the only reason he fired on the river was because he saw me take my chip off my cards prematurely.

does anyone like leading on the river trying to get a call from QJ or J10?

how about raising the river?