View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Hypothetical Hand: 99 top set

[ QUOTE ]
By shark I assume you mean he is a TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just that, but that he also knows that you're a TAG and will react accordingly.

[ QUOTE ]
When he limps UTG and then 3-bets this flop, I am putting him on AA that missed an LRR, or 88/22.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good read, and I support it entirely. If he has AA and you call the flop and raise the turn, he will fold. If you cap the flop, he'll probably call down to the river. The difference between the two plays (barring when he hits an ace on the river) is 0.5BB, in favour of getting him to call down. That's not to say that he should do that, but he often will regardless, even though he knows that there's a huge chance that he's beat.

Now, I'm curious about two things still...

1) What are the chances of 88+22 vs AA? Edit: 22 = 6, 88 makes 12, and AA 12?

2) Will he be willing to call down vs a turn raise with 22? (probably) With 88? (definitely) Will he be willing to bet-three-bet the turn with 88 (woot!)? If you cap the flop, will he bet the turn with either of those hands? With both?

[ QUOTE ]
Either way, I really like where I'm at if I have your hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I'm not sure what's the best play though. I guess it really depends on what the guy will do with 88/22, because I think he's going to fold to your set if you raise the turn after calling the three-bet and he has AA. Unfortunately I don't really know what he'll do if he has 88 or 22. I haven't read Shill's response yet, but I'm sure he'll tell us. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]