View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Hand from Bellagio 5 diamond

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be thinking she has the K, or a high pair and is convinced you dont

[/ QUOTE ]

I also thought that she had a K, or at the very worst JJ, but I really trusted my read that she would fold all one pair hands, and possibly even A6(which, given the preflop action is a virtual impossible holding for her.) I had been in several hands where the action made it to the river, and I had made large bets on that street, and always showed the nuts, or near nuts. Remember, we were talking throughout the night about hands being played out, so it was definitely recognized by her that I only made it to the river with the best hand. There was never a situation(that was shown down) where I had made a river bet, that wasn't obviously a value bet, that a one pair hand could beat.

In retrospect, I wish I had given the hand up, but I had spent alot of time setting up a big hand with her, and this really felt like it was the "spot." I felt like I needed to take advantage of it, while it was there. In any case, when I was thinking about the size of my bet on the turn, I really wanted to make a bet that tested her stack, yet, wasn't impossible to call, with the idea that my continuation bet on the river was a natural conclusion to representing the near nuts, but with overtones of a bluff. Which would be very similar to other lines I had played out in previous hands, yet showed the near nuts.