View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Bring it in for the full bet - when?

[ QUOTE ]
Never.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just plain wrong. I rarely bring it in for a full bet, but there are situations where it is warranted. The most common scenario for me is when I have a big pair in the hole and one of my cards is out. I want to thin the field. In stud/8, if you have a three-card low, and almost everyone else is showing bananas, you should probably bring it in for a full bet if there is some chance that you can steal the antes. Even if there is no chance of stealing the antes, it's a good value bet. I will frequently bring it in for a full bet in the latter stages of a tournament. Not that I see the latter stages of a tournament very often.

This subject has come up before, and there are several good posters here who almost never bring it in for a full bet. How often you do it is not as important as having some kind of a gameplan. I bring it in for the minimum most of the time in part because the limp/re-raise is a significant part of my arsenal, particularly in stud/8. I get to see fourth street for free a lot of the time, and people are somewhat less inclined to pimp my bring-in. If you don't make this play very often, there is less reason for you not to bring it in for a full bet with your better hands.