View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: 2 Questions - 1 dumb

That's how I saw it.

I rarely mess with these exotic bets but the price seemed very low and I was thinking about betting NO re. the special team TD prop. (The other was just curiosity).

Special team/defensive touchdowns are relatively uncommon; they're not "alert the media" events but I'm guessing that less than two games per week - on average - have one.

If I'm right, or even close to right, the odds against it happening should be in the neighborhood of -700 and tho I forget the price for tonight's game it was not this high.

- To be accurate the price would not be a constant; if a team is known for forcing fumbles or interceptions (or for trying disproportionate number of fake punts or FGs) it's more likely that this game will produce A def. or ST touchdown but even here it's far more unlikely than likely.

I'm curious as to how many games this year have featured one.

How many games NOT how many have occurred; the Vikings did it either twice or 3 times against the Giants but being a yes/no wager this would only count as one occurrence.

Does anyone out there keep stats on this sort of thing ?

I believe we're done with byes meaning there have been 164 games so far this season; has there been a ST/DEF touchdown in more than 20 of them ?

- Seems unlikely