View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Line Check - BB Hand Level 1

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I do infact know something about odds.

After messing around w/ some preflop equity.. you're about 14% to win this hand if it's played all the way to tht end. Which makes you about a 6.5:1 underdog. So that 7:1 odds looks good right? Theres implied odds too? No.. you're not going to see 5 cards.. you're going to see 3 cards, barring a pretty special flop. I wish i had the statistics for when you hit this flop hard.. but again even when you do, you need THEM to hit it hard too in order to get paid off.

I'm not saying you won't even win big pots with this hand, but it's a money loser, you piss away enough small pots (and medium pots if you flop top pair and still only have 30% equity).

You say you're good enough to be able to play hands like this, but for that to be true you have to draw a lot of chips out of your opponent when you hit it hard, and manage not to lose many when you get outdrawn (which will happen a fair share.. against 3 opponents and a flop of 99x you're only 75%. Granted not all of them will stick around, if any, so in reality it's higher, but when you get 'sucked out' on.. you're losing all of your chips)

I really, really, think this is -EV for most players on this forum. Playing tigheter preflop would help almost everyone here, and I think this is one of those situations.

Maybe i'm just being stubborn here, I wish someone with more than 7 posts would give there opinion so we have some more experienced opinions.