View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 09:15 AM

Default Three pair on flop ... what to do??

1/2 game, early on, no real reads. I'm in the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I complete after one MP, CO, and button call. BB checks. Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet. BB calls, MP calls, CO raises, Button calls the two bets. I decide to fold. Everyone else calls. Turn is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. It gets checked around. River is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Gets checked around again. Button ends up winning with an ace in his hand for two pair, aces and tens. CO shows QJ42, two clubs. He raised the flop with a gutshot straight draw, second nut flush draw, and second nut low draw. A part of me is angry he raised, since if he didn't, I would have won a nice pot. Then again, him raising there shows he does not really know what he's doing so its good that he's at my table in the long run. Did I play this wrong? Should I have just laid it down preflop? Should I have check/folded or check/called the flop? I decided to fold because I put the CO on a set with his raise. Plus the two clubs scared me and I thought I was probably playing for half the pot. What do you think?