View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 01:41 AM

Default (200) Heads up Cash Freezeout vs. LAG?

I have recently started attending a card room in my area and after doing quite well against this person he has challenged me to a heads up cahs freezeout 200 @ 1/2. He is an older gentleman who is around 70 and while he is a top player there, I feel I have an edge against him. The only thing is that I am an online player!

That is why I am asking you medium stakes players for tips in on heads up against a LAG/TAG and if you could, suggest how I should compose myself. This is going to be my third time playing live at this place and I would like to dress like a pro. (ie sunglasses or no?)

The only reads I have on him is that he likes to make huge value bets at the end and will fold to what he deems tricky play (bluffed him like this). His preflop raises are usually in the 10-20$ range which is pretty large for 1/2. Like I said he is experienced but not to the level us poker brats are with computers and what not. My questions rely mainly on how hand values change when playing against an aggressive player because I know the money doesn't matter to him and he just wants to put me in my place.

Right now my line is to play alot of small pots with him and try not to get tangled with his large preflop raises. This is only 200 and I expect him to be very aggressive so I am mainly confused with how my hands change value against him (I am a TAG as well).

Any advice will be appreciated.