View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Are atheists better poker players than theists?

"Of course this whole idea is simply a special case of a general concept. Theists are also much less likely to be great in Bridge, Backgammon, Logic puzzles, Chemistry, Physics, IQ tests, Probability, Analytic Geometry, Trading Options, Molecular Biology, or anything else requiring analytical thought. Don't tell me social mores are the blame all of that.

We've been over this in other threads, David. This is your opinion. It is NOT fact, and yet you continue to regard it as such."

I never said that I knew for a fact that this is true. But it isn't a matter of opinion and it would be testable. And I would gladly lay $100,000 to $25,000 against someone who didn't know for sure that I was wrong. Keep in mind that I am not including mildly religous people who might call themselves Methodist or Jewish, etc. I'm speaking about people who are quite sure the specifics of their religon is correct.

Meanwhile I'm wondering why you even bother to dispute me. The other religious people on the forum grant that I'm probably correct but say it doesn't matter. If you were sure I was right it wouldn't change anything in your mind, so why bother to dispute it.