View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 05:02 AM

Default Building a bankroll while you\'re young....

Wouldn't it be easier for someone who has absolutely ZERO expenses and ALOT of time on their hands to become professional at poker at an early age so by the time they graduate they have the bankroll necessary to be playing high stakes?

All these articles and such I see about going pro seem to not even be related to someone young who is still in school with no expenses and that can actively balance their social life with just 5 hours a day of poker. I see alot of posts against going pro but what about for someone who is young with absolutely no expenses, don't they have a monster advantage at this point in their life to really build a bankroll to the point where they could play professionally later on? And don't give me all that jazz about playing poker ruining your college years.... everyone I know in college blows at least 5 hours a day doing something like playing a video game or sitting around bullsh*tting with friends, or um... "working" at their real job. Just seems to me that someone whose young can become pro alot easier than someone with expenses and children depending on them.. because if they go broke they are not in dire straits for that money.... Is this not the perfect time to try?