View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Help Me Please With Containment Concept

"Even if you were correct 5% of way too much of something very bad is still pretty darn bad."

I am correct. I'm not disputing that would be bad. It's spelt Blix. What he was referring to is the possibilty that what the inspectors have found this time round is only the tip of the iceberg of what is currently held; what I am referring to, and I believe you were disputing, is the WMDs that Iraq was known to have prior to the 1st Gulf War and original inspections.

"Or perhaps it is because the French have billions invested in Iraq and are attempting to protect their investment."
Maybe it is that. I'm not saying they're particularly more credible. You'd have to be blind though to not see the Bush government's interest in Iraqi oil. Why is it that you impute a fnancial concern (lrgely to do with oil) to the motives of the French, but not to a government that is stuffed full of people with a string of close ties to and former employment in the US oil industry? i don't see that you can have it both ways.