View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Experiences with Fasting

the most i have fasted for was 2 days. no food. just water to try and cleanse my body after college a bit.

other than that, i fast 1 time / year on yom kippur (the jewish holiday for the repentance after the new year). after years of doing it the fast isn't that hard.

basically, you go through phases of hunger and a different feeling than hunger but its a result of the hunger and it gets wierder and worse the longer you fast.

during my two day fast (which i was allowed to drink water whereas on yom kippur NOTHING goes in your mouth) by the end of the 2nd day i was going to the bathroom pretty frequently...like a kid w/ no bladder control b/c the water was going through me so quick. felt kinda good though.

also, if you're going to do that, DO NOT JUST EAT A TON OF FOOD TO END THE FAST! while that is the tradition for breaking the fast for yom kippur, its not a good idea to gorge yourself after fasting.

for the 2 day fast, i ate (too many) veggies (probably like over a lb) and fruits as well. IDEALLy, you should end the fast in the middle of a day and eat progressively more fresh food throughout the day. and dont eat before bed.

anyways, i think if one would fast for 2 days 4 times a year, they would be more "cleansed" but i have no medical evidence to back up this claim. just how i felt after the fast.

Barron