Thread: stud high
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: stud high

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love the way this hand was played! Perfectly disguised the aces. Re-raising on 3rd is certainly an option, but you can't always play it straight up. Leading with the 10 is perfect. Does he have aces? Make 10's? Four to broadway? Who knows. The check on 5th follows the line of play of many weaker hands, and gets the bet. Here comes the hammer, and the open 3's finishes the hand. The check-raise on 5th is harder to get if you re-raise 3rd, and you'd have to check twice to get it.

You could just pound away on every street, and with a dire need to win that specific hand I would do so, but this was a very creative way to play the hand. Next time come over the top with the A K Q and he'll probably muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this kind of play doesn't work often enough to really be as profitable as leading the whole way against a guy that won't give up jacks and you'll be kicking yourself when they hit if they take their freecards. This seems like fancy plays for the sake of fancy plays, not making more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, I read the stakes as 20/40, not 2/4. At 2/4 I re-raise and lead every street.