View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Who the best and worst tippers?? (For Dealers, but anyone is welcome

I have been dealing more than five years and here are my thoughts. In general, asians toke the best with older guys second. As far as the guy saying that it makes sense to tip a waitress because she will give you better service, but not a dealer because the dealer cant give you better cards, here is what I think. If you play regularly and dont toke dealers, it will cost you money in the long run. Dealers do double rakes and take two jackpot dollars. I know a stiff who lost almost 2K last year just from one dealer doing this to him. Its that serious. Last week in 20-40 game, there was a huge pot that got down to heads up. There was a good toker and a stone stiff. At the end, the good toker bets and while the stiff is thinking about it, the good toker throws his hand in face down, thinking that no one called. I returned the hand to the good toker and informed him that there was still one person yet to call. The stiff got infuriated, as he should have, but I told the floor that he asked for the cards back, which he didnt. Floor concluded it was a live hand. Stiff called, stiff lost, next case. $900 pot. Think about it.