View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: The Kenna James Appreciation Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From reading the cardplayer transcript, looks like Alex Kahaner made a couple of really questionable (bad) plays and had the cards running his way. Tough luck for Kenna James.

[/ QUOTE ]

All-in with jack-10 is just dumb, what was he hoping Kenna had there? He basically said I don't care about playing well I just want to get really lucky because I know I can't win this otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the taping and saw the whole thing. Kenna and Alex were definitely the two most aggressive guys at the table. Came down to heads up and there was around $340K in the pot with Blinds and Ante's. Kenna raised an additional $200K I believe. Alex came back over the top with his 10 J for 1.5 Million with around 2 million left in his stack. Kenna thought about it for a while and then came back all in with his total stack of 5-6 million. At that point Alex was getting around 2-1 odds and was pretty much pot committed. So it was not a bad play with 10 J heads up at that point. Kenna is the one that should have folded to a 1.5 million bet with A5.