View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Brady or Manning?

Peyton has a great arm and a well developed Xs and Os type mind, but is he a leader, a motivator, and a winner. Its something I have always questioned, and maybe I just don't like his personality or he has come off wrong in the interviews I seen him give, but I don't think he is worth the money nor is he one of the better quaterbacks in the league when viewed on non-statistical grounds, and he has never seemed to be the type of person his team rallys around.

He consitently seems to make crucial errors trying to do too much. It was always explained that he had to overacheive to overcome his team's poor defenses, but I don't think that argument has bore itself out in the Tony Dungy era.

Maybe its a small sample size, maybe its due to other variables or my biases but I don't think I want Peyton Manning to start for me in a big football game. OTOH, if I am down 2+ scores in the 4th quater and need a big comeback quaterback, I vote for Peyton, but I think he gambles too much and isn't clutch enough in the pressure spots to ever be truly a great winning quaterback.