Thread: NCAAB 12/21/05
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: NCAAB 12/21/05

Adding Youngston St. -2.5 -105 (mansion)

This post by MaineRoad at covers contains good analysis on this game:
"If you read my thread yesterday, you know that I essentially leveraged mu belief that Youngstown is much better than they have been (and than people think) into a play on Duquesne. The Dukes had been rolled up at Y-State on Saturday, and I suspected people would over-react to that result - which they did, betting The Citadel (the Citadel!) from +8.5 down to +6 at the Palumbo Center last night. The Dukes squeeked home by 29.

Tonight, the Penguins return to the hardwood in the Mahoning Valley laying 2.5 to JMU. Unfortunately, JMU isn't the Citadel (or Duquesne for that matter). I actually kind of like this Dukes team (JMU, not DU), and think they'll be a lot better this year than in years past. However, they don't strike me as the sort of team whose likely to get many road "w's" against teams with pulses. Youngstown led big vs. Kent and at Akron before letting those games get away late. They played well enough to win in Ypsilanti, Huntington and Olean. In general, you have a team that doesn't figure to lose many at home to average teams against a team that doens't figure to win many on the road against non-dregs. I doubt it will be the cakewalk that last night was, but I suspect YSU gets it done by around 8 tonight."